Monday, March 23, 2009

SDA Appointment

So far today we've had our SDA appointment (this is the adoption center that gives you the approval to start the paperwork process over here) - it went great! Then we hung out at a coffee shop (a very smoky coffee shop!) with Ilona, Igor and Kostya. Came back to apartment and Anastasia did some homework and I started my Bible Study on patience (beth peery gave it to me - hmm wonder why she thinks I need patience here in Ukraine!). Hope to pick our referral paperwork up today - then we'll head back to the orphanage! Tell Inna, Petr, Zhenya, Vadim and ANdrey we will take tons more pics of the kids and will get them up as soon as we can! Congrats to Peter and Vadim on their soccer game. Sasha is excited to lay soccer in US.

So what have you done today!?!??!

PS If you're signing in with the "ukrainesasha" name please let us know who you are when you comment. A bunch of people have that ID so we don't know who you are when you comment! :)

8 comments:

  1. What have WE done today?! I've been praying for you guys! I'm visualizing Sasha at the airport, FT swim club, running the halls of Kids' Club.......!!! It brings me joy! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottos,
    Bryan is still chewing the Nicorette gum to wean off the Ukrainian coffee cafe second hand smoke addiction.
    You will be praying for patience quite often!
    We hope the referral is in the team's hands tomorrow.
    The Carters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was up at 4:30 this morning praying for you. I know that was a little later than your appointment was scheduled but since you are on "Ukraine time" I thought it might be close to the real appointment time! :) I'm so glad things went well and I hope you got the referral today. Andrey got a big kick out of the pictures. Thanks for posting them! Hope Anastasia is tolerating all the waiting well. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are just so pumped that everything is going along smoothly for you guys. I hope that the Tom plan continues to play out and you can get hope ASAP. I loved seeing Anastasia this morning on Skype. She was so funny, obviously she isn't having too bad of a time.

    Back to work, because we are working REALLY hard around here ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Step one down of... how many?:)

    I've heard it's best NOT to pray for patience. Then God will give you LOTS of trials to build it:0 LOL

    Best wishes on a speedy process!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. What am I doing?
    Reading your blog and Shannon's (who got little Jack from China today!)!!

    Doing a whole lot of nothing but sitting on the computer, which is what I do when I'm worried. Updating my blog here soon...hoping not to land in the ER.

    Okay, so you asked! Hopefully that wasn't too much of a downer! Meanwhile, it gives me lots of time to pray and reflect! Praying for all to continue to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Igor pictures! They make Vadim smile. Tell Igor that Vadim really misses him. :) Glad SDA went well. Can you believe that you flew all that way for that 5-minute appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your Blog is the highlight of my day. How does Mark feel about Viktor? Be careful!!!!!

    Jennifer O

    ReplyDelete