Sergey and Viktor. They greeted us as soon as we arrived. Sergey is Yaroslav's brother (his pics are below) See all the white stuff on the curbs and trees in the background. Apparently they recently touched things up. Yesterday, I was sitting on the curb and Oleg said, "Keem, no no no!" The kids thought that was pretty funny.

Grandmother gave Anastasia some crackers so she's sharing them here. That's one of the things that always blew us away about these kids- they have so little but so freely give stuff away. I'd love to know what Anastasia and Sasha are talking about here.

Yaroslav pretty much ignored us when we first arrived in Kiev, but has been hanging around alot this past week. He turns 16 next month, so his chances of being adopted are slim. Initially he acted like he was too cool for us and would even tease Anastasia. It's been sweet to see their friendship develop. Also, it shows how much just showing up day after day is important in building those relationships. He actually seemed curious about why we kept coming around - now he's the one to start goofy games or just come over and sit down by us.

Yaroslav and Anastasia listening to each other's music, while Maxim looks on.

Anastasia taking a break. They had been playing tag and it gets pretty wild and crazy.

Viktor wasn't around when we left for the playground - and I was disappointed, but he showed up about 20 minutes after we arrived.

Maxim moves all the time. He likes it when we watch him climb up this plank.

"little" Zhenya. I don't know him that well, but he's started following us around this week. I think he has a crush on Anastasia.

This started out with Sasha showing Mark how she would escape if someone attacked her. Mark got her in a couple holds, then Sasha would escape - or sometimes not escape. She thought this was hilarious. Then Mark started the game where you try to hit each other's hands. For those of you adopting - this is a great way to get some eye contact and physical contact with you kids. As you can see, Sasha thought it was fun.




Kim, I hope your days there are coming to an end. Still, I can't help but feel sad when I think of all the love you and Mark are showing these kids and how they will miss it when you are gone. As much as I love reading your blog and seeing pictures, my heart breaks each time I see these kids without families. I feel like I've gotten to know some of them through your blog.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you here.
Love seeing that sweet smile on Sasha. I know you wanna get back home (20 days!!!!). I also know God is using you mightily these days. It's almost like you can see a change in these kids over the past 20 days--having someone watch them, pay some attention to them, love on them unconditionally. Love you, Jenny
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet photos of Mark and Sasha. You are such a blessing to the entire group of kids.
ReplyDelete