
here we are shopping. All kinds of street vendors - reminded me of Tijuana but a lot more expensive. I think we look a little bleary eyed in this picture - or at least I do.

They have all kinds of little shops like this on the street - David was really brave and went and bought a coke light here. We were very proud of him - even though he really looked like an American with his backpack and khaki pants

YOu can see what a good hostess I am - my guests are on the computer. Actually they are right back from thier SDA appointmnet updating thier frineds. We were also commenting on each others fb and blogs, but decided that was kind of weird.
And it's a business day in Ukraine so something might happen. Really praying for a passport. If we get it today, we should have no problem getting finished up at Embassy and home on TH or F! Oh that would be nice.
Not many exciting pics from yesterday. Jennifer O said she likes Jenny and David's pics better than mine - really Jennifer? I'm hurt. David and jenny had a great appointment yesterday, picked up their referral in the afternoon and jenny called about an hour ago and they were will on the way to their kids! Can't wait to see pics!
Yesteday Sasha come over for a little bit in the morning. When she got here she wanted to play on the computer. WHen she sits on the couch - I have my spot on the end, where I have a table to put my drink and she sits practically on top of me. As she was playing on the computer she laid her head on my shoulder. It was a sweet moment. Later Igor took her to passport office for something- never quite sure what but it was progress. Sasha spent the night at the orphanage last night. I was told Ilona is going to orphanage today to process her out... not sure what that means either.
Yesterday Jenny, David and I hung out here at my apartment for a while, went to Oliva's for lunch, sat on a bench on the tree lined street and skyped thier kids before school, walked through some stores and looked at some pretty crazy high heel shoes (We did not buy), hung out in my apartment some more, went to SDA to pick up referral, went souvenier shopping, hung out in their apartment for a while.... WHile at JEnny and David's I emailed my friend Beth and I must have sounded pitiful cause by the time I walked back to my apartment (which is about 30 minute walk) I had TONS of emails from friends at Crossroads. Obviously she did a mass email saying I was losing it, threatening to dye my hair harsh red like most of the women here.... thanks beth.
Jenny and I talked yesterday about how the uncertainty is the hardest. You never know what might get done, or not get done, each day. You have no clue (really NO CLUE) when you might leave or how long you'll stay (I just said the same thing in two different ways didn't I?). You talk about trivial stuff for LOOOOOONG periods just stretching the time out. We have a very long conversation about are tic tacs hotter when you suck on them or bite them. Seriously we did. Then we realized how nuts it was and started crying.... then we started talking about what a beautiful day it was. Cause we were trying to stay focused on the positive. And we are SO THANKFUL that God has blessed us with tons of sun.
It's been so fun hearing from you guys. It's nice to hear from home. Going to go to grocery now - out of water and laundry detergent! And while I do that I"ll be praying for passports. Hey as a challenge, how about every time you see something that start's with a 'P' - you pray for Sasha's passport too. Then if we get it today - tomorrow everytime you see something that starts with a "v" you can pray for a visa! :)
Good morning/afternoon sunshine! I hope today there is something promising on the passport! What color gloss are we wearing today? How about those tic-tacs? Love you! xoxoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteI accept your challenge and will pray when I see a "P" today! Great idea. I know how hard this time is. There are no words to describe it. We are praying you through it!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying also. This is definitely one of the hardest times of the adoption. I KNOW how badly you want to come home! Hang in there. God has you snuggled in His arms even when you don't feel His touch at the moment.
ReplyDeleteHe will see this through at just the perfect time. We are praying that perfect time for the passport is today.
Every time I see my name (Peery) I will pray. Oh, and when I see Rachel Peters or Pete or Paul or Patty or pizza or my dog Pep or ......wow, I'm going to praying a lot today! That passport WILL be done! (Sounded like I'm quoting the Bible there, but I'm not, don't search for that in the Bible. there's nothing about passports in the Bible. But, if you want to search, it will kill some time for sure!)
ReplyDeletePraying for P is no problem. Maybe you should consider the hair dye- can you tell if you are buying the one that washes out eventually? You and Sasha could bond on that, it would take some time and while it could go crazy wrong using Russian directions, Sasha could help! She has that mastered. I am glad you are able to sit in the sweet moments for a bit.... Love you
ReplyDeleteI'm praying too! Hang in there!! We can't wait to see you walk down CVG's hallway!! The day will come soon!!
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeletePraying for passport persistently! I swear you won't be stuck in Ukraine forever, even though it feels like it right now. Hang in there! You'd look good as a bright red!
Praying!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope the BBQ turns out!
I remember those time filling conversations! I'm really curious about the whole tic tac thing!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for the passport.
Can't wait to hear that you have it! And how was the BBQ?
ReplyDeleteHey Kim It sounds like its time to break out the Kiev vitamins!!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer O
Hi Kim! I feel your agony! We waited FOREVER (or at least it seemed like it) for Hannah's court decree/birth certificate, then passport in Odessa (fall 07). There was a day the lady at the passport office told us "Everyone else's came in today, just not your's! (Gotta love that!) I remember that breaking point, "I just wanna' go home!"
ReplyDeleteGood that you have friends to keep you company! We are praying for passports, medicals, and a 1 day embassy appointment (we did it!) Hope you're home to see the Derby!
Your facilitator is trying to get rid of you. Hilarious!! I hope she is successful SOON.
ReplyDeleteKristin