

Here is what we've been waiting for. And it has a beautiful page in it from the US Embassy that says she can come immigrate to US. As soon as she steps foot on US soil, she's a US citizen. She loves looking at her passport. Some friends came over - they were started calling this afternoon - thinking she was in US (guess they don't know her phone won't work) and I could here them screaming when she said "kiev" A couple came over and they have been sitting outside our apartment. Very sweet girls.
I told her she needed to decide what she was going to wear on the plane, as I want to pack everything else. She of course wanted to wear the outfit she's worn the past several weeks (I have been washing it every night since she moved in) but didn't last night and if I wash it tonight after she gets her PJs on - it will still be wet when we get picked up at 3AM - that made her mad, but I got out the outfit that she wore for the first several weeks we were here and asked about that - and she said "yes" - then laughed. I just folded it up and laid on shelf in her room. WHen I went in there later I saw she had it all laid out on the bed (including a clean bra and underwear).
Okay - I'm going to go buy my last bottle of water here in Ukraine. Am not going to buy toilet paper - it's going to be close, but if we're frugal I think we'll have enough to last us TEN MORE HOURS until we get picked up for airport. Oh my gosh - I just counted TEN HOURS - that's not long at all. And I didnt' sleep last night so don't expect me to be talking in full sentences when I get home. Actually since I've been talking mostly to her these past few days I speak in very short phrases: Go eat?, You sleepy? Toilet? Computer please. Eat pizza?
Okay - I can do this only 10 hours. And in 13 hours we should be sitting on plane. Ooops that doesn't add up cause we're getting picked up 2 1/2 hours before flight. Oh well, not long,
Oh - and Jenny and David have a court date - woohoo. Court is on THursday - which is VERY QUICK so now Jenny can get back to her babies at home and David will stay here with their 3 in Ukraine! Very cool
Jenny and Dave have a court date! WOW! That was quick!
ReplyDeleteAfter almost 10 weeks we are still using broken English. All of us have started using the word "big" all the time.
"Big wait", "Big eat", "No big eat"
Can't wait to see pictures of you all at HOME!
ReplyDeleteNormally, I'm disappointed when there's no actual person in a picture but those pics of the passport and outfit ready to go are wonderful! See you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see that you AND Sasha are safely home, forever.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the flight!!!! Thinking of you!
That is the most beautiful passport I've ever seen! Can't wait to see you on American soil. Maybe we can meet at First Watch or Panera. I don't know though, maybe we should just meet and share a bar, or crackers or a tic-tac. So many decisions...we'll see!
ReplyDelete(Yes Julie, it is fast for us. We're flipping out and praising the Lord!!!)
Hi Kim. Sorry we didn't get to connect again- but glad you are getting home!! Blessings to you and Sasha! It was wonderful having met you while you were here. Thanks again!
ReplyDeleteWOOHOOO! Who needs sleep? You can do that at home;)
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip!
June