Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not today

But supposedly the passport is done but by the time it was "in" there was no one there to give it out (so my question is how do they know it's there if no one was there to give it out - probably there is only one person who has that job and they had already gone home for dinner....) We have an early pick up (8:45 - I think) and if we can pick it up we'll have a super busy day.

The BBQ was fun - we actually cooked meat in the woods.... (I didn't eat thank you - but I did have a couple tic tacs - chewed one, then sucked on the other). Very difficult for sasha leaving her friends. These were all school friends (6 girls and 3 boys). Super nice kids and I loved that when it started getting dark their cell phones were ringing with mamas calling them home. We stopped by one of her good friends apartment - her mother is very very sweet.

She's in the shower - I need to tend to her when she gets out.

Okay your challenge today - if you see something that starts with P - pray for passport, V pray for VIsa, M pray for her medicals, S pray for my sanity....

Jenny and David were reunited with their kids today - talked to them a couple times and it sounds like things are going great.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds promising that you have an appointment!

    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, no problem. I'll pray when I see any Peery, vittles and munchkins. That should generate a lot of prayer. I already pray for your sanity by the minute dear Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaahhh, did you make the tic tac reference just for us? David thinks you did. Hmmm...I'm not sure. I'll have to ponder on it a few days, and will get back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please say you got something other than the yucky licorice flavored one! I'm glad it was a nice evening for Sasha. Praying the whole alphabet from here on out! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kim ! I am praying really hard for you !!! Can not wait to see you and Sasha !!!

    Love You, see you soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim- I spoke to Ilona today and she is sure you'll have the passport in the morning and make it to the Embassy tomorrow. We'll hold her to that promise! Praying like mad here - We'll pray for passport everytime I tell one of my 5 kids to go "potty" (whichis often!)and then for a visa everytime I call "Valerie". Easy reminders - lots of prayers headed your way! Hang in there. You're almost home...two more days. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I love you, and I'll pray for you every time I think of Mexican food, which is really really often because I think of ways that I can have it for all three meals and snacks. Maybe I'll even FB you a video message. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, you are "rounding 3rd and heading for home". Your Barbeque Party sounded perfect for Sasha & friends...I knew you'd come up with something good. May your P, V, and M wishes come true ASAP! Sasha's a lucky girl to be joining the Botto Bunch. xo, Mom (Dad, too).

    ReplyDelete