well, it's sunday and we've waited to post, in case something really exciting happened. it didn't. mark watched some women's weight lifting today - so you get the idea - he was a little bored. Anastasia did several hours of homework. We went to Karen (the missionary we had dinner with this week) church. It was fantastic. Very intimate. We really enjoyed that. One of our favorite cab drivers, Viktor, took us and offered to come back and pick us up too. To make sure we had plenty of time, we told him to come back in 2 hours. Unfortunately the service wasn't' over yet - so we had to leave early.
We turned off the heat in some rooms in our apartment - that's exciting huh? it's real hard to regulate - it's either on or off.
Tomorrow is Mark's birthday. Sasha suggested we come to the orphnage and he can play soccer with her for his birthday! That sounded good to him.
I still haven't eaten that last package of instant oatmeal. I might give it to Mark for his birthday.
Anastasia's homecoming
15 years ago
Hey, that's great you have a gift for Mark...oatmeal. Just think how sometimes it's so hard to find a gift for your husband, something he needs. You've got it! The simplicities of life in Ukraine for you :).
ReplyDeleteFrom Jim:
ReplyDeleteMark, Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day. God Bless.
From Janis:
ReplyDeleteI think Julie gave Bryan a package of instant coffee and he gave her a packet of tissues for Christmas. You give what you've got over there! ;) Hang in there guys. We are praying it won't be much longer. Happy Birthday, Mark!!
Put some pomegranites in it!!! I am sure it will be a birthday to remember, the "birth" of his 3rd daughter!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer O
How sweet of you to sacrifice the last precious pack of oatmeal! That's love right there. The Jesus kind.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You made it through the weekend, as slow as it might have felt--which means that now there are 5 potential-packed week days ahead of you for lots to happen!
Oh, and Happy Birthday Mark!
ReplyDeleteIf there are nor pictures, it must have been a boring weekend. I'm sure you hear we are supposesed to get some Ukriane cold like weather here the next 2 days, so not missing anything on that front. Let's see, I'm trying to think of something interesting to tell you to give you 30 seconds with lack of boredom, but I am coming up a bit short. Zach learned to ride a bike today, so that was really good. He is in 2nd grade and was starting to get embarrased that he couldn't do it. Jim took him and Luke Mercurio to Dunkin Donuts as a reward for his bravery. Hmmm...I guess that's all I got. Oh, Carter is going childcare Thursday morning...he may have told you that.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Mark! I hope your present ends up being lots of good progress on the adoption front.
Kristin
Happy birthday Mark!
ReplyDeleteI have nothing exciting to offer you, honestly. :) When I told Caroline (age 6)that some friends of mine that I knew were having trouble with Mancala, she offered "Do they know how to play Connect Four? That's easier." LOL!!
So there you have it. Or there's always Uno.
PS Would you tell Beth that it is time to update her blog with some pictures and an update on Z? ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Mark! So glad you were able to make it to our church- it was fun to see you guys again soo soon-- I'm glad you enjoyed the service.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you guys on the rest of your journey- it was a blessing to have met you!
~Karen
It's sad when people are going to YOU asking for updates on MY blog!! Sorry Heather! I have a tough time keeping up with facebook, blog and life! Wasn't so bad when I was in the Ukraine with plenty of time on my hands! I'll take that as a challenge and get it done this week!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!! I hope you feel blessed on your birthday! Just look out the window and know that you are a TEMPORARY resident of Kiev! Now that's something to be grateful for! Spend some time today in prayerful consideration of what restaurant you'll eat at and where you'll put that stack of magazines you've been moving around the apartment. So glad you have time to redecorate. :)
Know that we're all wishing you were home!
Love you guys!
Beth
Happy Birthday! You will always remember this birthday! Time is very kind to the memories. There are so many times that one of us will say, "Remember when we were in Kiev .....". If you wrap the spoon, the oatmeal will be extra special!
ReplyDelete