Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Really really close

Thanks to Beth for posting. We are so close.... all that's left is tomorrow morning I go and pick up her visa at Embassy. She's totally processed - we're just waiting for her fingerprints to be processed in the states. We WILL be home on Friday. Arriving at CVG around 3:22 on United! :)

Met all kinds of wonderful people at US Embassy this morning. Lots of adoptive parents all very anxious to get out. I was sitting in a chair getting kind of teary eyed looking at all the US stuff on the walls - and I looked and the lady next to me was crying looking at me.... and she said "so do you think you're going to get to go home?" that's just how it is at the end. There were about 9 families there while I was there and I don't think anyone got out when they thought they would. People were talking about how much extra they would pay for each hour earlier they could get out!

Sasha entertained several of the newly adopted little kids. I heard her say "Kentucky" over and over to them. Several of them were saying they were going to New YOrk - but turns out many are taking that direct flight to new york - none are actually going to live there - funny.

This afternoon I sat in the embassy for 1 1/2 hours hoping her visa might get processed. I had NOTHING to do, so I read my passport all the way through THREE times. Did you know that they have the state emblems on each page of the passport - but they move a little to the right with each page so by the time you get to the end of the passport, all state's emblems have been displayed at least once - very interesting. As they were all finished with Sasha, I took her outside and Igor got a cab for her so she could go to orphanage one last time. But actually now that we're not leaving till Friday, we could go tomorrow too.

Jenny and David are making great progress too. We just chatted and spent several minutes trying to determine what day of the week it is. David was thinking Thursday, so I was thinking that might be right.... luckily my computer has the week day on it so we were able to figure it out.

Lots of funny stories on how stuff got done today - but I'm too tired to write and it probably wouldn't be funny to you since you are still operating on full brain capacity. And don't know why I'm tired since I've spent most of day sitting....

Thanks for your love, support, prayers.... we're coming home. Thank you God!

11 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!!! We will see you on Friday at the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Praise God! So glad you'll be HOME soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL NEWS! WE ARE THRILLED AND RELIEVED THAT YOU TWO HAVE FIRM RESERVATIONS BACK TO KY. SEE YOU FRIDAY. HAVE A WONDERFUL, UNEVENTFUL TRIP BACK TO KY! XO, MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. So relieved. Yippeee--- see you soon. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so amazing! I look forward to seeing you! Life is better when you are around

    ReplyDelete
  6. YYYAAAYYY! Have a safe trip home!

    There were a lot of families there! We saw three more besides us.

    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like everything was kicked into hyper speed! Petr will be disappointed that your flight will not get him out of school early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so very happy for you to finally be at the end of this journey and coming home! Your description of your rummy brain, being tired for "no reason", and reading your passport from cover to cover made me laugh. It's all so true and you conveyed the feeling so well! It's the stress of it all. The stress of being away from your family, in a foreign country where you have very little control over things. You have done SO WELL there on your own. Can't wait to know that you have that visa in hand and you two are on your way home. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH!!!!!!

    It is finally, finally almost done Kim! You will be home soon! How exciting!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. See you Friday! I cannot wait to hug your neck! I'm so excited to see Sasha back in the US and with Anastasia and her family! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Praying for the rest of your time in Kiev and for Sasha as she says goodbye.

    ReplyDelete